Friday, October 2, 2015

We are guaranteed failure doing things our way

 The scriptures clearly says to us the following, "For there are many plans in a man's heart but it will
only be the counsel of God that shall prevail" Proverbs 19:21.

The above mentioned scripture just so happens to be one of my most favorite scriptures in the bible and here is why. The word counsel is defined as advice; opinion or instruction given in directing the judgment or conduct of another. Therefore in essence, the above scripture is literally revealing that even though our minds are consumed with what or how we would like for things to pan out for us; the reality is it will only be the advice, opinion or instructions from God regarding our matters that will prevail or have any value at the end of the day.

Now based on this understanding this aught to change or at least challenge the way that we pray or the things we are about to do. So rather than giving God a grocery list of our desires and wants; what we should be saying to him is the following: "Father as much as I desire or want a certain thing or as much as I desire to do a certain thing, please Lord in the name of your son Jesus Christ, reveal or expose your counsel to me in this situation that I desire to make myself a part of. Father because I am aware that only your counsel shall and will prevail in the end; I don't want to waste my time or attach myself to anyone or anything that will come up fruitless at the end of my pursuit".

In an effort to bring more clarity to this revelation, the scriptures has warned us well in advance of the guaranteed destruction and failures we will experience if we continue to do things outside of the input or counsel of God. Here is what the scriptures has prophesied when we do thing our way and exclude God's counsel.

"There is a way which seems right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death" Proverbs 14:12 & Proverbs 16:25. My friends, the mere fact that this same scripture is recorded in the Holy scriptures twice, reveals the dangers of approaching and engaging in matters based on our limited knowledge alone.

As usual and as with all my postings, the Holy Spirit which is the Spirit of truth, responsible for leading us into all truth has just released and reveal God's position on what you're involved in or what you're so determine to become attach to. Your first question to self should be, did I seek the counsel of God on this matter that I desire so desperately or this is something that I want so bad and labeling it as a God thing?

Whomever you are reading this post today, know for sure it is not by accident. Now compare the Godly wisdom and understanding embedded in this post to what you are about to do in this day and in days to come, now please! Keep at the forefront of your calculations, that doing things your way outside of God's counsel will guarantee you utter failure and destruction in the end even though it may not appear so in the initial phase of what you may have determine as the right way.

Written By: Kevin L A Ewing
kevinewing@coralwave.com
kevinlaewing.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Featured Post

Shots Fired, Satan and His Crew Are Down

"Father, please strengthen my ability to discern today, allowing me to see beyond the limitations of my five senses. Show me any tra...