Sunday, March 15, 2015

Could your prayers be entirely wrong as it relates to your situation

Many folks are either impressed or confused whenever they would hear me pray. That is whether I am praying for an individual or praying in or for a group.

Their concern or interest is, why is it that I have to saturate my prayers with so much scripture, why can't I, like others just pray a regular prayer and call it a day. Well, I will say to you like I would say to them. Those that pray scriptural saturated prayers compared to those that don't, not only have a greater understanding of prayer but more importantly those that pray scriptural saturated prayers will experience a quicker response to their prayers along with far more lasting and reaching results.

A true prayer warrior is not one who just pray because they are asked to pray or because they can pray. A true prayer warrior understands that in order to summons the assistance of God who scripture informs us is a spirit and the Chief-in-command of all spirits, he can only be called upon via prayer. Further more God will NOT do everything we ask for him to do in our prayers. Instead, God's performance will always be according to or based on his word.

For example, someone told me sometime ago that he had a Christian friend who was praying to God to have a particular person that they dislike to be killed! Now, do you honestly believe that God will really answer such a pray? First of all God is not a "Hitman" meaning someone we can at will request to end the life of others. Also, it is clear to me that this person is filled with hate and according to scripture, it says that if we regard iniquity in our hearts God will not hear us, Psalm 66:18.

God's response to our prayers will be based on two things initially and they are we must have a heart that is in accordance with his word, meaning depleted of unforgiviness, hate, bitterness etc. Secondly, our request must be in reference or accompanied with his word. For example if we are praying for healing, then either before or after we would have made the request for healing then we must support that request with what his word says. In the case of healing we would say, "Heavenly Father, I am asking you in the name of your son Jesus Christ to heal me of this curse of Diabetes. For your word says, you have sent your word to heal us and to deliver us from our destruction" Psalm 107:20.

Another important point to review in regards to scriptually sound prayer is the fact that a prayer warrior primarily discovers what he or she is up against prior to praying. The reason for this is, They are fully aware that they can not fight or even challenge what they don't know. Therefore, a prayer worrier will seek for the spiritual root behind what they are about to pray for and begin to rain the weapons of their warfare against the spirit/s behind that person or thing they are praying for or even against. Scripture reminds us that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal (meaning they are not guns, knives, rocks and bottles) instead it is the word of God in pulling down strongholds, 2 Corinthians 10:4.

My friend, take it from someone who has had tremendous experience and overwhelming results in this area. If you follow the above advice, I can promise you that you will see not only change but your prayers being answered in a quicker space of time. Just maybe, your prayers seems as if they're bouncing off a wall or hitting a glass ceiling because your approach or even understanding of prayer is entirely wrong!

Heavenly Father, instruct me with accurate precision to execute your word which is my spiritual weapons against the specific forces of evil that surrounds my life. For your word says, "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye" Psalm 32:8.

Written By: Kevin L A Ewing
kevinewing@coralwave.com
kevinlaewing.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Shots Fired, Satan and His Crew Are Down

"Father, please strengthen my ability to discern today, allowing me to see beyond the limitations of my five senses. Show me any tra...