A fowler is a skilled, patient hunter who studies his victim intensely before launching his attack. Nearly one hundred percent of the time, he
or she is invisible, or not obvious, to the victim, and as you'll see, the victim has no reason to suspect anything is wrong.
"Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence." (Psalm 91:3)
The truth is, only God can deliver you from the fowler, because we never know who the fowler is until they strike, and their strike is either disabling or fatal.
So I decided to ask God the question: how do I recognize the fowler? He directed me to Psalm 55:12-14. Before we go further, remember this: the fowler has already set the trap for you. It is his patience and skill, the very things you're unaware of, that will make him successful.
The Fowler Is Someone Close to You
In Psalm 55:12, we immediately discover that the fowler is not our enemy, nor is he someone who hates us or opposes us. In fact, Scripture reveals something far more unsettling:
"For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him: But it was thou, a man mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance. We took sweet counsel together." (Psalm 55:12-14)
The fowler is the one who is equal to us: the one who guides us, the one we're acquainted with, the one we've shared our secrets and our most personal areas of life with. In other words, the ones we call close friends.
Why the Wound Cuts So Deep
Now you can see why, when they strike, it can be disabling or fatal. They attack the core of our being and our emotions, places others simply aren't privy to.
Lastly, all friends have the potential to become fowlers in your life, based on the intimate details of your life you've released to them.
The initial sign of a fowler is the spirit of jealousy.
By Kevin L A Ewing
ewinglakevin@icloud.com
kevinlaewing.blogspot.com
www.kevinlaewing.com

This is great! I am proud to be a member. I especially love the article on the FOWLER I did not have a name for those persons in my life but that is what they were. But many times God reveals them to you...When you know God you are aware and on guard. What is done in the dark surely must come to light.
ReplyDeleteI think that you have done a wonderful job in creating this blog. The articles are quite interesting and relevant to every day life. Your presentation of the word is quite unusual, and prompts the reader to look at things from a different perspective. I look forward to reading your articles as you continue to post
ReplyDeleteNikki B
I've read 40 laws to power and everything I've read is on the Bible I love this
ReplyDelete