Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The righteous are guaranteed that their prayers are being heard by God

"The LORD is far from the wicked: but he hears the prayer of the righteous." Proverbs 15:29.

There are many promises and beneficial things that the book of Proverbs has to say about the righteous. The above scripture is just one of them. For many of us we grew up in a religious system where we rarely read our bibles and even when we did decide to read our bible we read it just to say that we read it without taking into account what it was actually saying to us.

Speaking from personal experience I have discovered that it is the pondering and slowly digesting of scripture that challenges the human spirit and mind of any reader. The righteous are those that believe and accepted the God of the Bible, the God of Moses, Abraham, Issac, Joseph etc. The righteous are those that have not only decided to believe and accept the God of the Holy bible that is the creator of heaven and earth but they have also accepted that it is the application of the scriptures of the Holy Bible that will now bring about that change in the life of that righteous person that they desperately seek.

The above scripture can be such a comforting scripture to those that are going through in that, it is revealing that this same God that has created all thing, who supervises all things, who has a plan and at the same time carrying out his plan for all things, has also set aside this particular scripture to let the righteous know that in spite of all that God is always and consistently involved with as it relates to his creation, HE NEVER STOPS HEARING THE PRAYERS OF THE RIGHTEOUS!

My friend, trust me when I say to you, "I know", yes I know what it is like to feel as if your prayers are just bouncing off the wall or God has either forgotten you or simply ignoring you. There were many time when the invisible presence of the enemy would suggest that I was wasting my time praying, God is not hearing me, I have sin in my life and this is why God is not responding to me etc. However, that is not what the above passage of scripture says! And my consistency to pray has proven otherwise.

The scripture has been made abundantly and unmistakable clear when it said, "The LORD is far from the wicked: but he hears the prayer of the righteous". There are two thing we can take away from this: 1) God is not assisting the wicked in working against you and 2) In spite of our feelings of our prayers being ignored we are assured that he at least listens to the prayer of the righteous.

I would like to say to the person reading this post this morning that is not righteous, why not do what is necessary to become righteous so that you would at least be assured that your prayers are being heard according to the mentioned scripture. Just believe, accept and confess the Lord Jesus Christ from your heart and you will be given your spiritual robe of righteousness along with the endless benefits that are accompanied with it.

Righteous people! Continue to pray for the unrighteous so that the God that has promise to hear our prayer will answer our prayers.

Written By: Kevin L A Ewing
kevinewing@coralwave.com
kevinlaewing.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Shots Fired, Satan and His Crew Are Down

"Father, please strengthen my ability to discern today, allowing me to see beyond the limitations of my five senses. Show me any tra...