Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Dreams, like parables provides spiritual insight and understanding

A parable can be defined as a short story that teaches a moral or spiritual lesson. Jesus Christ, used as teaching aids in an effort to reveal the mysteries of the spirit realm.

The reasoning behind such teaching method was to use everyday things such as plants, trees, moneys and other everyday items to convey a greater spiritual implication. However, such a method of teaching was not just limited to Jesus, but this teaching method has been used all throughout the Old Testament.

Amazingly, this same method is used in the understanding of our dreams for those of us that dreams by converting symbols in our dreams to everyday life situations, which account for about 95 percent of us. For example the life of a person can be symbolized in a dream by a "HOUSE". Jesus himself refereed to the life of someone by using the symbol of a house to convey this understanding. The proof of this is found in Matthew 12:43-45. In this particular teaching Jesus spoke about an unclean spirit being cast out of a "MAN" according to Matthew 12:43. However, in Matthew 12:44, this same unclean spirit that was cast out of the man wanted to re-enter the man and however, the spirit referred to the man as his "HOUSE".

The Old Testament provides any number of parables, however in Isaiah 5:1-7, the prophet Isaiah spoke of a vineyard that stood on a hill. This vineyard was fenced in with all of the stones removed from the property and had the choice vine planted in it. The owner of this vineyard saw to it that a tower was built in the midst of it also along with a wine-press and that everything was provided to produce the best grapes possible.

Amazingly, when the season of grapes did come around, the vineyard produced wild grapes instead of choice grapes. The owner of this vineyard was so upset that he removed the hedge and walls that once protected the vineyard. As a result the vineyard became trodden down, unable to be pruned and overgrown with briers and thorns.

Consequently in, Isaiah 5:7, the mystery of the vineyard was revealed and it clearly stated that the vineyard belonged to the Lord and that the vineyard was the house of Israel whom we know to be the children of Israel. Overall the lord gave Israel all the resources to do the right thing but instead they oppressed each other and did not exercise righteousness. As a result of this the Lord removed his protection and allow desolation and hardship to become their portion. I strongly advise you read the entire text (Isaiah 5:1-7).

Our dreams like I have mentioned earlier uses this same format, particularly for those that dream via symbols, which again, basically accounts for about 95 percent of us. Dreaming via symbols simply means converting symbols into everyday life situations. The other 5 percent of us experience what is known as straight dreams, meaning exactly how things are displayed in our dreams are exactly the way they display themselves in reality.

Ultimately, it is the Holy Spirit that provides interpretation, simply because He is indeed the spirit of Truth and is responsible for leading us into all truth according to John 16:13. One that is blessed with the gift of dream interpretation is aided by the Holy Spirit to bring revelation to a dream if the person is willing to be led by the Spirit of truth. This explains why a dream may seem foolish to the dreamer but makes complete sense to the interpreter. This is also why the scripture says, "But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty: 1 Corinthians 1:27

In conclusion, dreams are very much equivalent to parables, in that both of them are designed to reveal spiritual truths.

Written By: Kevin L A Ewing
kevinewing@coralwave.com

kevinlaewing.blogspot.com