Saturday, April 16, 2016

A Deeper Spiritual Understanding Of Dreaming Of The Dead

 I was in a recent conversation with a friend facing severe spiritual challenges. Fortunately for my friend, she knew what the attack was about, and more importantly, she learned from whom the attacks were coming from.

Based on my teachings, my friend added that she was fully aware that a fast was necessary, so she decided to engage in a dry fast. For those unaware of what a dry fast is, a dry fast is three days or 72 consecutive hours without food or water. Interestingly enough, she had an extraordinary dream immediately after her fast had successfully ended.

Here is what she dreamed. "Minister Ewing, I had this strange dream the night after I ended my dry fast. In my dream, I saw this gentleman I knew was dead. This deceased person in my dream approached me and said he had a set of keys for me. I stared at him in amazement, not so much that I knew he was deceased, but what the set of keys was for. He then looked me square in the eye and said that the keys were for his store and that he wanted me to watch his store for him. Minister Ewing, I must admit that while it all seems strange in the dream, I was happy about accepting his offer to watch over his store". She said the entire scene in the dream was dark, but not to the extent she could not see.

Now, to add a little more to this story, the original reason why my friend contacted me was for the mere fact that she was confused that even though she'd completed the dry fast successfully, absolutely nothing about her situation seemed to have changed. In fact, she said that she felt somewhat discouraged and depressed because physically, the spiritual attack against her was now manifesting in her body and presenting unique challenges in her marriage.

Although she was narrating this story to me. I was in awe, holding my mobile phone in my right hand, simultaneously steering at it and wondering if she knew what she was saying to me and what she had allowed and ignorantly agreed to spiritually. At this point, I could not focus nor mentally digest what she was saying to me any further. So I interrupted her and asked her, "Are you aware of what you did in your dream?" She said, "What do you mean what I did?" I told her that I was surprised she didn't cancel and rebuke her dream based on the contents of her dream and the many discussions we've had regarding dreaming of deceased folks and the spiritual manipulation they represent. At this point, she indeed came to an understanding of what she did.

Here it is, my friend made the wise decision of going on a 3-day dry fast to break demonic covenants that were causing problems to erupt in her life to the extent it affected her health. Only to be manipulated in her dream by a familiar spirit or otherwise known as a masquerading spirit pretending to be someone deceased that she's familiar with, of course, to win her trust. This masquerading spirit pretending to be her dead friend was the spirit she initially challenged during the dry fast. However, she was manipulated into re-establishing the covenant with this spirit by accepting the keys from this spirit and following additional instructions in the dream. As a reminder, any contact with a deceased person in your dream symbolizes agreeing or covenanting with whatever it is that that spirit truly represents.

Therefore, if the masquerading spirit pretending to be her deceased friend is a spirit of infirmity (sickness), she unknowingly agreed when she accepted the keys and everything else, representing an agreement. As a result, she's now in the same position she initially went on the fast to rid herself of this. Unfortunately, it is a classic example of not being alert to the devil's devices. Scripture cautions us regarding the following, "Be sober, be vigilant; because of your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour" 1 Peter 5:8.

Two critical statements should be noted in the above scripture. We must be sober and vigilant, so we must always be spiritually alert to Satan's traps. More importantly, the scripture clearly says that our adversary, the devil, is walking about "LIKE A ROARING LION," seeking whom he may devour. So, in essence, our adversary is not a roaring lion. Instead, he pretends to be a roaring lion. Doesn't this mirror his behavior in our dreams, where he imitates or impersonates deceased folks to deceive and manipulate the dreamer to sow his evil seeds?

While we can all conclude that our adversary is extraordinarily cunning and legalistic, his behavior is governed by spiritual laws to which we must pay attention. Hence, he preys on his victims' spiritual ignorance to secure his evil seeds for a later harvest. Satan and his human agents (witches & warlocks) invade and manipulate us in our dreams via the following spiritual law, "But while men slept his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way" Mathew 13:25. Again, the masquerading spirit secured the evil covenant with my friend in her dream and went his way. Now, my friend has to begin the process repeatedly to break the evil covenant she ignorantly agreed to in her dream.

I will say repeatedly that God has outfitted all human beings with the tool of dreaming. The idea is to allow the dreamer to peer into the spiritual world. This will not only enable the dreamer to observe pending matters but also to strategize. Please pay special attention to your dreams.


Kevin L A Ewing

ewinglakevin@icloud.com

kevinlaewing.blogspot.com

www.kevinlaewing.com

2 comments:

  1. I would like one of your personal prayers are some spiritual advise on why I dream of these dead people daily . It's getting frustrated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks pastor Kevin for clarification

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Shots Fired, Satan and His Crew Are Down

"Father, please strengthen my ability to discern today, allowing me to see beyond the limitations of my five senses. Show me any tra...